Call us: Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Call us: Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm
Saturday: 9am-5pm

Get a quote

Annual policy cover is available for Europe or Worldwide only

Please note: You will not be covered for holiday cancellation until your policy start date. Choose today’s date if you want cover as soon as possible.

Buy with Confidence

  • 24 hour emergency assistance
  • Secure online booking

Buy with security

Secure purchase path

Frequently asked questions

Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Yes, cover is provided for complications of pregnancy. Please refer to the definition of pregancy in the policy wording.

What is a policy Excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. You have agreed to pay towards a claim under each section of the policy. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section. The Excess will be reduced to NIL if you have used an EHIC (Formally E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

1. Any past of current Medical Condition that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow up/check-up has been required or received during the 12 months prior to the commencement of cover under the policy and/or prior to any Trip and
2. any cardiovascular or circulatory condition (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke, aneurysm) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under the policy and/or prior to any Trip.

If you have any pre-existing medical conditions please call 0343 658 0306 to assess if you are eligible to obtain full cover for the condition(s) disclosed.

For more information, please refer to the "Important Conditions Relating To Health" section of the policy wording

How do I make a claim?

To Claim, phone Our Claims Helpline on 0113 318 9616 and ask for a claim form.

All claims must be submitted on a claim form, within 28 days of Your return, accompanied by original invoices, receipts, reports, etc. Please refer to the relevant Section of Your policy for specific conditions and details of the supporting evidence that Claims Settlement Agencies require. When making your claim please quote the policy number shown on your certificate and the scheme reference 05956A. Please remember that it is always advisable to retain copies of all documents when submitting Your claim.

How many children can I insure on a Family policy?

The maximum number of dependent children under 18 living at home is 4 on a family policy.

What are the Terms and Conditions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What are my cancellation rights?

If after reading the policy wording you decide the terms of the insurance contract does not meet your requirements you can, WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, return it for a full refund. No refunds will be given for policies cancelled outside 14 days.

What Winter Sports are covered?

Provided you have paid the Winter Sports upgrade, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski hire, ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:

  • Big foot skiing
  • Cat skiing
  • Cross country skiing/Nordic skiing
  • Glacier skiing
  • Husky safari/Husky dog sleigh ride
  • Ice fishing by snow mobile (snow mobile driven by guides)
  • Ice fishing by snow mobile (snow mobile not driven by guides)
  • Ice sailing/ice wind surfing
  • Ice skating
  • Lassoo throwing
  • Mono skiing
  • Off piste skiing or snowboarding (within local ski patrol guidlines)
  • Reindeer safari
  • Reindeer sleigh ride
  • Skidoo
  • Skiing (on-piste/glacier)
  • Sledging/tobogganing
  • Snow-blading
  • Snow-boarding (on piste)
  • Snow mobiling
  • Snow mobile safari
  • Tandem skiing
  • The following Winter Sports are not covered under any circumstances:
  • Heli skiing or heli boarding
  • Ice hockey
  • Luging/bobsleighing
  • Paraskiing
  • Skeleton
  • Ski acrobatics
  • Ski jumping
  • Ski racing
  • Ski stunting
  • Skiing off piste outside recognised and authorised areas
  • Snow boarding off piste outside recognised and authorised areas

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

The emergency assistance provided for you by this insurance is operated by Global Response and Healthwatch S.A.

In the event of any illness, injury, accident or hospitalisation which requires:
1. Inpatient treatment anywhere in the World or
2. Outpatient treatment in North America and the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Ireland, you must

Global Response
Telephone: 00 44 (0) 113 3180 197
Fax: 00 44 (0) 113 3180 198

Outpatient treatment anywhere in the World excluding North America, and the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Ireland, you must contact:

Healthwatch S.A.
Telephone: 00 44 (0) 113 318 0124
Fax: 00 44 (0) 113 318 0125

Global Response or Healthwatch S.A. may be able to guarantee costs on your behalf. When contacting Global Response or Healthwatch S.A. please state that your  insurance is provided by UK General Insurance Ltd and quote Scheme Name: Monarch Internet and Reference Number 05956A.

Note: You must retain receipts for medical and additional costs incurred and you are responsible for any policy excess which should be paid by you at the time of treatment.

Can we travel independently on our Couple/Family travel insurance policy?

Adults over the age of 18 can travel independently, all children must be accompanied by an insured adult.

How often can I travel on an Annual Multi Trip policy?

The policy lasts for the complete 12 months, and you can take as many trips/holidays as you wish during the year. Any individual trip or holiday must not last longer than 31 days (62 days if the appropriate additional premium is paid). If a trip is for a longer period you will need to purchase a Single Trip policy for that particular trip. Winter Sports cover, for a maximum of 17 in total for the whole year and Golf & Timeshare Cover, for a maximum of 31 days in total for the whole year, Wedding Cover and Cruise Cover are available at an additional premium. Please contact ROCK Insurance Group on 0333 202 5673

What is the difference between Standard and Premier cover?

These are the different levels of cover offered under this policy. Standard offers wider range of cover at higher levels with a reasonable excess and is priced reasonably. Premier cover provides the widest range of cover and the highest levels of protection for you and requires you to pay the least amount of excess. As a result Premier cover is the more expensive choice.

How is my policy delivered?

Your policy can be emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued, please note that some internet providers filter our automated e-mails as SPAM so please check your SPAM/junk folder if the e-mail has not been received. Alternatively for a small postage charge, your documents can be delivered by post.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes, you can purchase a Single Trip policy so long as you have not reached 81 years of age at the time of purchase. The Maximum age for our annual multi-trip policies is 64.

For Customers over the ages mentioned above, we can still arrange cover through our partners at

Click here to get a quote today

Do you cover non-UK residents?

No, to be eligable for cover you need to be a resident of the United Kingdom for 6 months prior to the issue of the policy.

Can I go scuba diving when travelling?

Scuba diving to a depth of 30 metres (within organisers guidlines). The policy can be upgraded to include scuba diving to a depth of 50 metres for an additional premium.

Can children purchase cover if they are under the age of 18?

Yes, but they must pay the adult premium for their cover and must comply with any airline rules in terms of travelling as a minor. The policy can only be issued by calling ROCK Insurance Group on 0333 202 5673.

What products do you offer?

Single Trip policies (if you are under 81 years of age)
Annual Multi Trip policies with maximum trip duration of 31 days
Annual Multi Trip policies with maximum trip duration of 62 days 
For Individuals, Couples and Families (including Single Parent Family)
Including optional covers for Winter Sports, Golf, Wedding and Timeshare Cover
Standard and Premier levels of cover

What credit/debit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro/Switch, Solo, Visa Electron and Delta.

Can I pay by cheque?

We are only able to accept cheques for policies over the value of £100. The policy will be set up when the cheque has been cleared through our bank. Please contact ROCK Insurance Group on 0333 202 5673

What happens if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

You must report theft or losses to the police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft did actually occur. Without them Ageas cannot make any payment to you. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then Ageas cannot be held responsible for any resultant claim. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured. There is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked.

Are my glasses covered?

Yes, there is cover for glasses on our policies, they are included as valuables.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

At the time of booking your travel arrangements to make sure that you have cancellation cover in place for that particular trip. If your travel arrangements change then you must call ROCK Insurance Group immediately on 0333 202 5673. You must be able to provide the correct Period of Insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your certificate of insurance and a copy of the full policy wording - these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Are my golf clubs covered?

Yes, up to £1,500 for Standard and Premier policies in total with a Single Club or Item of Golf Equipment limit of £250, provided you have paid the additional premium for the Golf Cover extension.

Am I covered for cancellation?

If you have paid the appropriate premium, you are covered for cancellation of your holiday for the reasons stated in the policy wordings. You may be able to claim (subject to the policy terms and conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot reclaim from the tour operator.

What is an EHIC (formally E111)?

If you intend travelling to European Union (EU) countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. We would advise you to obtain a Form CM1 from your local main Post Office. On returning this, duly completed, to the main Post Office you will be issued with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40).
NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost or your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible, your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

You can change or upgrade your policy at any time as long as you have not made a claim. Please contact ROCK Insurance Group on 0333 202 5673 for amendments and upgrades.

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered at no additional premium?

  • Abseiling (within organisers guidelines)
  • Angling
  • Archery
  • Athletics
  • Badminton
  • Ballooning - hot air (organised pleasure rides only)
  • Banana boating
  • Baseball
  • Basket Ball
  • Boardsailing
  • Bowling
  • Bungee Jumping (within organisers guidelines)
  • Canoeing (up to grade 2 rivers only)
  • Climbing (on a climbing wall only)
  • Cricket
  • Curling
  • Cycling
  • Deep sea fishing
  • Fell walking
  • Fishing
  • Glacier walking
  • Gliding (no cover for crewing or piloting)
  • Golf
  • Gymnastics
  • Handball
  • Heptathlon
  • Hiking / trekking / walking (below 4000 meters)
  • Hill walking up to 2000 meters
  • Horse riding (Excl competitions / racing / jumping / hunting)
  • Hot air ballooning-(organised pleasure rides only)
  • Ice skating
  • Indoor climbing (on climbing wall )
  • Kayaking (up to grade 2 rivers only)
  • Kite surfing
  • Marathon running
  • Motor cycling (up to 125cc)
  • Mountain biking
  • Netball
  • Non competitive football/Soccer
  • Organised safari without guns
  • Orienteering
  • Overland trips
  • Parascending over water
  • Pony trekking
  • Racket ball
  • Rackets
  • Rambling
  • Rap jumping (within organiser's guidelines)
  • Ringos
  • Roller skating/ blading (wearing pads & helmets)
  • Rounders
  • Rowing (except racing)
  • Running
  • Safari trekking in a vehicle (must be an organised tour)
  • Safari trekking on foot (must be an organised tour)
  • Sail-boarding
  • Scuba diving to a depth of 30 metres (within organisers guidelines)
  • Sea kayaking
  • Skate boarding (wearing pads and helmets)
  • Sledging - pulled by horse or reindeer as a passenger
  • Snorkelling
  • Soft ball
  • Squash
  • Surfing
  • Table tennis
  • Ten pin bowling
  • Tennis
  • Tubing
  • Tug of war
  • Volley ball
  • Wakeboarding
  • Walking / hiking / trekking
  • Water Polo
  • Water skiing
  • White water rafting (within organiser's guidelines)
  • Windsurfing
  • Zorbing

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered at no additional premium but where there is no cover in respect of any Personal Accident and Personal Liability sections?

  • Camel riding
  • Catamaran sailing (if qualified)
  • Clay pigeon shooting
  • Dinghy Sailing
  • Go Karting (within organiser's guidelines)
  • Jet boating (no racing)
  • Jet Skiing (no racing)
  • Paint Balling (wearing eye protection)
  • Rifle range shooting
  • Sailing / yachting offshore (recreational, no racing)
  • Shooting (within organiser's guidelines)
  • Small bore target shooting (within organiser's guidelines)
  • War games (wearing eye protection)
  • Yachting (if qualified)

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered with an additional premium?

  • American football
  • Climbing up to 4000 meters
  • Dry slope skiing
  • Endurance tests
  • Fives
  • Football - American
  • High altitude trekking
  • Hiking / trekking / walking (above 4000 meters)
  • Hockey
  • Lacrosse
  • Langlauf
  • Organised safari with guns
  • Outdoor endurance events
  • Parascending - over land
  • Rugby
  • Sand dune surfing / skiing
  • Scuba diving between 30m - 50m (within organiser's guidelines)
  • Speed skating
  • Street Hockey (wearing pads and helmets)
  • Summer tobogganing
  • Trampolining
  • Trekking high altitude
  • White water canoeing (up to grade 4 only)

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered with an additional premium, but where there is no cover in respect of any Personal Accident and Personal Liability sections?

  • Fencing (within organiser's guidelines)
  • Gaelic football
  • Hurling
  • Polo
  • Sailing / yachting inshore (recreational crewing, no racing)
  • Sailing / yachting offshore (recreational, no racing)

Which Special Sports and Activities are not covered under any circumstances?

  • Adventure racing
  • Base Jumping
  • Biathlon
  • Big game hunting
  • Black water rafting
  • BMX riding - stunt / obstacle
  • Bouldering
  • Boxing
  • Canyoning
  • Cave tubing
  • Caving and Pot holing
  • Climbing over 4000 metres
  • Cycle Racing
  • Cyclo cross
  • Drag racing
  • Flying (except passengers in licensed passenger aircraft)
  • Free Mountaineering
  • Hang gliding
  • Harness racing
  • High diving (over 5 metres)
  • Hunting (Fox / drag)
  • Jousting
  • Judo
  • Karate
  • Kendo
  • Manual work
  • Martial Arts
  • Micro Lighting
  • Modern pentathlon
  • Motor Cycle racing
  • Motor racing
  • Motor rallying
  • Mountaineering (over 4000 metres)
  • Parachuting
  • Paragliding / parapenting
  • Potholing / Caving
  • Powerboat racing
  • Power Lifting
  • Professional Sports of any kind
  • Quad Biking
  • River bugging
  • Rock Climbing
  • Rock Climbing using ropes and guides
  • Rodeo
  • Roller hockey
  • Shark diving (in cage)
  • Skydiving
  • Speed trail / time trail
  • Time trail / speed trail
  • Triathlon
  • Water ski jumping
  • Weight lifting
  • Wrestling

Will this policy cover me if my Trip has been Dynamically Packaged?

Yes, cover is provided irrespective of how your Trip / holiday has been packaged together.